The Endpoint Specialist is part of the help desk team and assists clients and the internal support team to resolve the day-to-day issues that come up on an endpoint system such as a workstation, laptops and thin-clients, but also mobile devices such as tablets and smartphone.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Pay: Commensurate with experience
- Location: El Paso, Texas
General Required Skills/ Attributes
- A+ Certification
- Ability to install Windows operating system (Windows 7 or newer)
- Installation of drivers/peripherals/components
- Working with email clients (Outlook)
- Connect and verify network communication for workstations
- Installation of Windows Applications
- Updating Software programs
- Setting up email clients for Exchange or Office 365
- Configuring computers to access wireless networks
- Setting up printers
- Good writing Skills
- Client Oriented
- People Skills
- Positive Team Attitude
- Follow procedures
- Ability to document
Applicants must have a minimum of above entry‐level technical capabilities, and at least 1 year of job related field experience supporting end-users in local and wide area networks. Applicants that have Microsoft Certifications in either Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 are preferred.
- All general requirements bullet-pointed above
- NET +
- MCP in Windows 7 or higher (Exam 70-698)
- Ability to joining a computer to a Windows domain
- Setting up network printers
- Working with Client/Server Applications
- Troubleshooting email issues on the client side
- Troubleshooting Software
- Working with computers joined to a Windows Domain
Applicants must have a minimum of above entry‐level technical capabilities, and at least 18 months—2 years of job related field experience supporting end-users in local and wide area networks. Applicants that have Microsoft Certifications in either Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 are preferred.
- All requirements of Level 1
- Office 365 Certification (Exam 70-347)
- Creating users in Active Directory
- Creating mailboxes in Exchange and Office 365
- Managing Mailboxes and Distribution Groups in Exchange and Office 365
- Troubleshooting Group Policies on workstations on client side
- Troubleshooting network issues (physical or logical) on computers
This is your opportunity to become a meaningful part of a rapidly growing and dynamic IT services company based in El Paso, Texas. We are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our clients.
The right person for the position is one who demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, thrives on learning new ways to solve problems, collaborates with the team, and maintains high standards, values and principals when dealing with our team, our clients, and our business partners.
We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work and their contributions to the success of the organization.
The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for the installation and ongoing maintenance of endpoint systems such as, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, workstations, thin-clients, mobile devices, tablets, desktop printers.
You must be able to plan, schedule and implement the work under limited supervision. Applicants must have a minimum of above entry‐level technical capabilities, and at least 1 year of job related field experience supporting end-users in local and wide area networks. Applicants that have Microsoft Certifications in either Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 are preferred.
Applicants that do not currently have certifications will need to have equivalent field experience and will be required to obtain their Microsoft Certification within 90 days of employment. Critical functions include identifying the key components of a problem, analyzing information and data to discover the most effective solution and implementation of that solution.
The right candidate can successfully minimize work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within specified time frames. They must have the ability to learn quickly and grow their technical expertise while working under the direction of a more experienced technicians.
High standards such as punctuality, professional attitude and appearance are strictly adhered to at all times. Values such as integrity, living up to commitments and follow through are non-negotiable. Self-management and personal accountability are a must.
- Participate in customer training related to the installation and maintenance of endpoint technology such as laptops, workstations, thin clients, printers and related hardware/software.
- Assist in preparing documentation on installation and maintenance procedures.
- Assist in testing equipment and related hardware/software.
- Handles client training and documentation to ensure the client is comfortable and informed of the implemented solution and how it impacts their workflow.
- Perform client update and maintenance tasks, either onsite or remotely.
- Plan and schedule the flow of maintenance tasks associated with our services and take care of implementation, remediation and escalation.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating System version Windows 7 or later, as well as iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android.
- Basic knowledge of virtualization (for reference purpose only)
- Knowledge of proper backup processes when upgrading and/or migrating computer systems
- Successful completion of all in service training programs recommended
- Certification of applicable Microsoft Certification tracts for the desktop tier and at least Windows 7 or newer.
- Basic knowledge of local and wide area networking and communications, (A+/NET+ preferred)
- Basic knowledge of email flow and related troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of the networking hardware/software utilized in a business environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in oral and written communications.
- Detailed tracking of all internal and external work performed.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid Driver License
- Proficient in English
- Bilingual preferred but not required