As a Help Desk Technician I you are an important part of the help desk team and you will assist both clients and your team members.
Your main function is to help troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day computer issues that come up on systems such as workstations, laptops, thin-clients, and mobile devices.
The help desk technician is also responsible for the installation of new equipment, and ongoing maintenance of computers, laptops, and mobile devices.
The right candidate can complete high quality work within specified time frames and while exercising good communication with the internal team(s). They must have the ability to learn quickly and continue to grow their technical expertise while giving direction to and helping educate less experienced technicians when needed.
High standards such as punctuality, professional attitude and appearance are important. Values such as integrity, living up to commitments and follow-through are a must here, as are self-management and personal accountability. You must be able to plan, schedule and implement the work sometimes with limited supervision.
- Install Windows operating system (Windows 7 through current)
- Installation of drivers/peripherals/components
- Working with email clients (Outlook)
- Connect and verify network communication for workstations
- Installation of Windows Applications
- Updating Software programs
- Setting up email clients for Exchange or Office 365
- Configuring computers to access wireless networks
- Setting up user’s local and networked printers
To be considered for this position, applicant must have a minimum of above entry‐level technical capabilities, and at least 1-2 year(s) of job related field experience supporting end-users in local and wide area network environments. Applicants that already have Microsoft Certifications in either Windows 7 or later, are preferred. The right candidate that does not currently have a required certification will need to have equivalent field experience and may be eligible to obtain their Microsoft Certification during the first 90 days of employment.
The skills we look for in the ideal candidate are professionalism, good writing and documentation skills, problem solving skills, service oriented, people skills, ability to work with a team or independently, highly self-motivated, bilingual (preferred but not required).
- Microsoft Certified (Windows 7 or newer)
- A+ Certification
- Associates in Information Technology (preferred)
- NET+ Certification (preferred but not required)
- Goal-Driven Financial Bonuses
- Health Insurance (HSA)
- Expense Reimbursement (mileage, cell)
- Great team environment
- Great career advancement
A criminal history background check will be required for applicant(s) under consideration for this position.
General inquiries may be sent to email@example.com but applications are ONLY accepted via our website.